Sunshine Montessori utilizes the Montessori Method in its mission to provide superior preschool education that meets the needs of diverse families in its community. Through Sunshine Montessori School’s commitment to the Montessori philosophy, materials, and a qualified staff supported by professional growth opportunities, we aim to provide an environment that encourages the fulfillment of each child’s individual, academic, and personal potential.
- Embrace the fundamental principles of Montessori education, its curriculum, materials, and environment to create a stimulating and innovative learning atmosphere.
- Foster independence, creativity, self-direction and personal responsibility while providing an academic program that still nurtures a child’s love of learning in an environment of acceptance, understanding and mutual respect.
- Provide an academic curriculum that emphasizes experiential learning, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Maintain a safe, carefully planned physical environment that is child-centered, stimulating and attractive.
- Attract and retain professional teachers who are compassionate, enjoy working with children, and committed to the mission of Sunshine Montessori School.
- Welcome parents as important partners in their child’s growth and education, and support parent communication and involvement.
- Develop a sense of community within the school among the children, faculty and parents based on mutual respect, appreciation of individual differences, open communication, and partnership in the educational process.
- Provide the highest standards of excellence in education and services to our students and their families.